Merodis is an independent financial advisory firm for shareholders, business owners and small to medium-sized companies. We assist our clients from A to Z in the entire process of the sale of their business or of certain business units and help them in doing acquisitions and mergers. We also attract new investors in order to raise funds in the form of debt or equity. In addition, clients come to us for the valuation of their company or the take-over candidate they have in mind. Finally, we write equity analyses on listed companies and provide strategic advice in the broadest sense of the word.
Since our inception in 2008, we have carried out some 60 transactions. We focus on companies with an enterprise value between EUR 10 and 50 million.
Our team consists of 8 people who together share more than 125 years of professional experience in corporate finance and financial markets. On a continuous basis, we are looking for people interested in an internship in the exciting Corporate Finance world.
What will you do?
- Working on sell-side, buy-side and funding mandates for our clients
- Preparation of financial models (drawing up business plans based on the financial accounts) and business valuations (DCF, peer group multiples, etc.).
- Preparation of information memorandums, management presentations, commercial pitches, etc.
- Organisation of digital data rooms and active follow-up of the due diligence process
- In short, carrying out substantial parts of M&A projects under the supervision of the Sr. partners, which implies active participation in the whole process, from internal research to the successful closing of the deal.
- In addition, the preparation of overviews of M&A opportunities and the mapping of certain sectors and of potential buyers and sellers.
- Just graduated or currently in your final years of your master’s degree in (applied) economics or business engineering
- Exceptional quantitative skills with knowledge of the main accounting principles
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
- Team player but able to work independently
- Eager to learn and extremely motivated
- Strong analytical skills and a wizard in Excel and Powerpoint
- Dutch or French speaking with an excellent knowledge of English and preferably of the other national language
What do we offer?
- A first real work experience in Corporate Finance
- A challenging internship with a lot of variation and pronounced on-the-job learning moments
- The opportunity to be involved in an M&A deal from A to Z
- A dynamic and ambitious working environment in a no-nonsense company
Please send your application (CV + cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org